St. George Temple

St. George Temple

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Aiden Larsen Part 2

Eventually, we started preparing for Aiden's baptism. I knew that this had been in the making for a very long time. The Bishop was very heavily involved with us as well as the Primary President and other people who knew the Larsen family well.

Here's a picture from that happy day:
It makes me happy remembering how I was involved with  the process of getting Aiden baptized.

The next day was Sunday, and that was a Sunday I will never forget.

Usually, as missionaries whenever we have a baptism, there's a second part which we call the confirmation; which is where the person being baptized receives the gift of the Holy Ghost.

So we went to go pick up Aiden and his dad for church on that Sunday and we went to go see him. It had seemed that he had turned back into his normal bratty self. He refused to go to church with us. I was getting super frustrated with this kid being a brat again. He had made so much progress, why is he acting like this again? As I sat down, tired of trying to persuade him, I began to observe him. First of all, I noticed there was a physical darkness around him. He seemed to be darker than usual. Second, I noticed he was saying certain things like "I hate God!" or "I hate Jesus!" A voice in my head told me that wasn't him speaking

Now, I had heard about bad spirits before but I had never had an experience with any of them before. I felt helpless at first not knowing what to do. That same voice came into my head saying that I needed to do something. My companion and his dad had taken a break from persuading him and so, I said to them,"We need to say a prayer. I feel inspired to say a prayer." Aiden's dad agreed, and so did my companion. All three of us knelt down and I poured my heart out to my Heavenly Father. Aiden tried to talk over me throughout the whole prayer but I refused to listen to him. After I finished the prayer we stood up. It was slightly brighter in the room, but there was still a bad feeling in the room. Everybody sat down and my companion tried to talk to him. This time he didn't speak to us. By that, time I had texted the Bishop and our Ward Mission Leader to come over and help us out.

The Holy Ghost whispered in my head again, We need something else. A blessing.

I suggested to everyone about giving Aiden a blessing to get rid of this bad spirit and everybody agreed.

After the blessing, I was spiritually drained. I needed to sit down. The Bishop and Ward Mission Leader walked in. The room around Aiden was light again and the Spirit filled that home. He still wasn't speaking but I felt like we had done all that we could. Well, to make a long story short, Aiden came to church that day and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I have thought a lot about that experience. Satan was working really hard on this convert of ours trying to not have him receive that important gift. I gained a stronger testimony of the power of Satan and how we need to be extremely careful of his temptations. I also gained a deeper understanding of the importance of the Holy Ghost. As baptized members of the Church, we literally have a member of The Godhead with us as log as we remain worthy of it. He's out there to protect us from danger, inspire, guide, and help us throughout our lives. I want all of you baptized members of the Church to remember that. You have a member of the Godhead with you. Live worthy of it. I know of a surety that my convert Aiden Larsen is going to be a great missionary one day. He's going to bring many people to the knowledge of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment